A multi-platform media company offering content, across a wide range of premium media platforms including TV, mobile, online, audio and print. The company constantly strives to create and distribute top-quality media assets that leverage not only their own media brands, but also their partners.
PURPOSE OF THIS JOB
Working as part of the UK Commercial Team, the key responsibility for the Commercial sales executive is to deliver incremental advertising revenue to our monthly active lifestyle magazine
This role will be responsible for identifying commercial opportunities primarily within media agencies and certain client-direct categories. Planning, coordination and reporting of sales activities, leading negotiations with existing and key clients while sourcing new advertising leads. As an agency focused role, this is a fantastic opportunity for the individual to become the face of this company within the agency world.
As part of the wider commercial team, the candidate will work alongside partnerships managers and will be expected to think innovatively about how to up-sell display advertisers into larger longer term partners. A strong sales background and extensive client/agency contact base is essential for the role, in particular working relationships with buying, planning and creative agencies.
• Creation of pitch documents and presentations for external partners.
• Working with internal departments to identify commercial opportunities and effectively communicate them to the market.
• Attending client and agency briefing sessions and detailed agency workshops to support commercial partnership proposals.
• Building key media relationships within the client and agency landscape as well as the ability to manage multiple stakeholders to support their position in the market.
• Forecasting, P&L and budget management throughout campaign periods, working directly with team project manager.
• Effective communication to all stakeholders on project status, working on multiple projects at once.
• Working closely with the channels team to identify commercial properties and content streams that can be pitched to external partners.
• Contact base within key agency trading teams across buying/planning and all key media channels.
• Sales focused, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in print and digital sales
• Strong industry and agency connections
• Understanding of print and digital media market mechanics in top media markets
• Proven project management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver on time
• Problem solver with ability to deliver ideas as practical and workable solutions
• Outstanding attention to detail, process and commercially driven
• Excellent organisational skills as well as strong communication and presentation skills
• Lifestyle and/or sports content experience would be advantageous
TRAVEL Up to 25% of the timeApply for this job