Director of Creative Solutions - £80k + Comm
Top digital content provider is looking for a dynamic Director of Creative Solutions to join their vibrant and passionate team.
With strong communication and a tenacious attitude, you will have a client-facing role liaising closely with the sellers on the team to sell creative ideas successfully.
You will take a proactive lead on ideation and a personal involvement in closing key deals. Longer-term, this position will assume responsibility for improving the quality of creative sales skills and the supporting systems and processes, across the commercial department.
Your knowledge and experience will enable you to strategically drive revenue growth from creativity via integrated solutions that bring together the power of the product portfolio.
You will work with regional sales staff to ensure “live” pitches are converted and that the business develops a leading industry reputation for creativity, client-specific solutions and professional pitching. Servicing our external customers is an essential part of this role and therefore someone with excellent interpersonal skills is required.
As a creative thinker and someone who can sell creative ideas across all of the business by being able to articulate the benefits of cross platform solutions.
• Maximising commercial digital, print and live event sponsorship revenues across platforms, in designated markets, focusing on driving proprietary digital and print advertising revenues
• Creating, owning and implementing the creative solutions sales strategy with the MD Commercial and Director of Regional Advertising, to ensure the company is delivering against its core audience and revenue opportunities
• Ensure the regional business delivers on its quarterly and annual revenue goals for creative solutions
• Demonstrate leadership and personnel development, internally across the regional sales team and externally with senior digital and print personnel
• Work closely with respective stakeholders across editorial, product, data, marketing and insights to ensure sales proposition, products and go to market strategy are aligned for successful revenue growth
• Lead and manage the day-to-day delivery of creative solutions and related sales operations; oversee adherence by local sellers to best sales practice with regards creative sales strategies
• Performance reporting to MD of Commercial, sales team members and senior management across the business
• Manage internal delivery processes
• Manage the external outsourcing process, ensuring best service and value and that key deadlines are met
• Devise and improve effective internal administration processes, systems and communication strategies to aid commercial team efficiency, enforcing necessary processes to meet deadlines
• Create timelines, generate reports and communicate key campaign targets, results and deadlines on a regular basis, also flagging up potential issues and managing client expectations in general
• Assist with the sales team to create winning presentations and proactively secure RFP responses
• Oversee Creative Solutions coordinators and the Account Management functions of the business to ensure on-boarding and on-going support functions for all advertising campaigns (print and digital) are delivered in accordance with agreed SLA’s; drive the productivity of the team to ensure all functions are delivered on a timely basis, in a professional, fully supportive and collaborative manner
• Build and maintain Account Management excellence and consistency of delivery standards across the team via coaching, mentoring and development of the team
• Delivery of day to day service components for assigned client lists, including full support to Sales Managers; ensure the support team assume primary point of contact for clients post sale, management of CRM activity as required, and building and maintaining the client support relationship
• Undertake tasks and projects as agreed that are within jobholder’s experience, skills and capabilities
• Oversee team recruitment, engagement and talent development
• Support/lead negotiations on high value or strategic deals
• Provide market analysis than can contribute to the wider business strategy Proven ability at driving and motivating digital and print sales teams to high performance
• Proven ability at driving and motivating digital and print sales teams to high performance
• Strong experience in digital commercial team leadership
• Exceptional senior agency digital contact book are a prerequisite
• Proven experience at creating and implementing an effective and measurable digital commercial sales strategy
• Key account planning and development, working closely with broader sales team
• Proven digital sales track record in premium display, mobile and video, as well as clear experience in driving digital revenue across programmatic
• Sound understanding of business and marketing strategy with strong market insight and knowledge
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal): ability to act tactfully and persuasively with a wide range of people at all levels
• Excellent budget management skills
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Ability to recruit at a high level quickly
• Be commercially astute
• Either have experience at or want to dive headfirst into a fast-paced digital-first company
• Think globally
• Have excellent communication and relationship building skills
• Have a high sense of ownership, urgency and drive
• Be a team player